11.26.2008

Poems- MY FAITHFUL FRIENDS

MY FAITHFUL FRIENDS

If my friends are quite few
And you have a work lot more,
You may think that you are wealthy
And that I am very poor.

In thinking so, you’re wrong, my friend,
And I can tell you why,
Since I have many friends
That wealth can never buy.

I watch the beauty of the sunset
And the glory of the sunrise;
I behold the twinkling star on high
That beautify the heavenly skies.

I peace I wander through the forests,
Over tall mountains or rolling hills;
I seek the hiding place of flowers
Or walk by flowing rills.

I admire the fragrance of the flowers
And the freshness of the morning dew,
The ferns that in the meadows grow,
And violets so blue.

I see the beauty in the raindrops
That from heaven fall to the ground
Or the glistening colors in the rainbow
As they shine all around.

I have stood upon a sandy shore
To gaze far out to sea,
Ever thankful for the worldly things
That I have live to see.

I’m grateful for the air I breathe
And the water that I drink
So now, friend, you see why,
I am richer than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Benefits And Social Privileges Of Senior Citizens