11.26.2008

Poems- When the Day’s Hot or Cold

When the Day’s Hot or Cold

On a morning cold and rainy
When strong winds rule the day,
A ray of sun I long to see
To drive the cold away.

But when the day’s too hot to play
Too hot for fun and ease,
The beach is just the place to stay
To feel the gentle breeze.

Or else, I merely stay at home
Though warm the weather be,
A gentle touch and pretty soon
A big fan whirls for me.


The Sea

The sea! the sea! the open sea!
The blue, the fresh, the ever free!
Without a mark, without a bound;
It runs the earth’s wide regions round;
It plays with the clouds, it mocks the skies;
Or, like a cradled creature, lies.

I love, Oh, how I love to ride
On the fierce, foaming, bursting tide,
When every mad wave drowns the moon
Or whistles loud its stormy tune,
And tells how goes the world below
And why the southwest winds to blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

Benefits And Social Privileges Of Senior Citizens